About Tech Coast Angels
Tech Coast Angels (TCA) is one of the largest and most active angel investor networks in the nation, and a leading source of funding for seed-stage and early-stage companies across all industries in Southern California. TCA members are accredited investors who collectively invest in start-up companies in the range of $250k to $2M. The companies TCA invests in go through well-structured, transparent, and time efficient screening and due diligence. TCA members are themselves founders, and executive level business leaders who have extensive knowledge in the investment process and world-class business practices. Thus, TCA members provide companies with more than just capital; they also contribute counsel, mentoring and access to an extensive network of investors, customers, strategic partners and management. TCA is a catalyst in the growth of the Southern California entrepreneurial thriving ecosystem of innovation. We fund mostly emerging technologies and life science companies.
TCA-SAN DIEGO is our largest network, with over 100 members.
The Executive Board consists of the following members:
- Dean Rosenberg, Vice President of Due Diligence & Funding
- Millard Chan, Vice President of Deal Flow & Outreach
- Amy Vavrunek, Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations, Quick Pitch Chair
- Ashley Mullen, Vice President of Post-Funding & Secondary Markets
- Sergio Gurrieri, President & Chairman
- Larry Morgan, CFO & Treasurer
- Jonathan Spangler, Corporate Secretary
- Martha Dennis, Vice President of Membership
- Tim Rout, Vice President of Hi-Tech Committee
- Jeff Friedman, Vice President of Healthcare & Life Sciences Committee
- Bob Fried, Vice President of Education and Board of Governors Representative
TCA - San Diego has funded over 100 companies
Download the PDF list of all companies we have funded since 1997.